After the past Arts Festivals Summit in Ljubljana (2018), Lisbon (2019) and Galway (2021), Flamenco Agency returns to EFA’s annual meeting this time in Yerevan (Armenia) from September 12-15, 2022.
This year’s summit has reframed to respond to the actual context: supporting Ukrainian artists and festivals will be reminded throughout the event.
The annual Summit this year will start carving an approach to re-positioning the festival world in the arts and cultural sectors so that they can fulfil their tasks as artistic and public space players. A series of encounters, conversations and networking formats will involve festival makers, but also cities and policy makers: to speak about the European Festivals Alliance under continual construction.
Mayors, cities, business representatives, artists, journalists, and others are invited into the conversation around the power of the arts and arts festivals to further involve European citizens in the construction of Europe and world of tomorrow.
200 festival makers as well as city representatives, public authorities, artists, and the media have been invited to meet to share thoughts, concerns, needs, artistic proposals.
Flamenco Agency has been programmed in important festivals around the world, and has collaborated closely with the most prestigious festivals of the European Festivals Association (EFA), such us:
- Ghent Festival of Flanders (Belgium, European Festivals Association) 2018 & 2019; with the support of the Spanish Embassy and Acción Cultural Española (AC/E) in 2018.
- Ljubljana Festival (Slovenia, European Festivals Association).
- Izmir International Festival (Turkey, European Festivals Association).
- Ohrid Summer Festival (North Macedonia, European Festivals Association).
- Festival delle Nazioni (Città di Castello, ItaliaFestival, European Festivals Association).
- Al Bustan International Festival of Music and the Performing Arts (Lebanon, European Festivals Association).
- Festival de Wiltz (Luxembourg, European Festivals Association).
- Førde Traditional and World Music Festival (Norway, EFFE laurate in 2019) 2015 & 2018, with the support of the Spanish Embassy and Acción Cultural Española (AC/E) in 2018.
- Sibiu International Theatre Festival (Romania) 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021 and 2022; with the support of the Spanish Embassy and Acción Cultural Española (AC/E) in 2018, 2021 and 2022.
- Bangkok’s International Festival of Dance & Music (Thailand).
- Birgitta Festival (Estonia).
- Snape Proms (UK).
- Cornerstone Arts Festival (UK).
- Duende Flamenco Festival (Canada).
- Sori Festival (South Korea), with the support of the Aula Cervantes and Acción Cultural Española (AC/E).
- Festival de Segovia (Spain).
See you in Yerevan!