As we get closer to the end of 2021, we would like to look back not only on the past year, but also the year 2020 when our life totally changed due to the pandemic.
We had the opportunity to start 2020 in China at the National Center for the Performing Arts (NCPA) Beijing with 2 performances at the end of the 2 months tour around China. We left the same day that China closed its borders on January 23rd without knowing that we would be the last international performance in that country for a while.
On February 12th, 2020our talented singer, Esperanza Fernández performed at Helsinki Flamenco Festival (Savoy Theatre), in addition to offering masterclasses before her show.
During spring 2020 we attended “Festival de Jerez”, unfortunately this was one of the last occasions where we were able to see live performances for a while. The rest of the performances planned for 2020 were postponed until 2021. However, we managed to do online performances at Sibiu International Theatre Festival (Romania) and VIA Fest (Bulgaria).
During these hard times in 2020 we had to explore all the online possibilities that the streaming platforms can contribute in performing arts.
Finally, 2021 offered us opportunities to perform at festivals, venues and to attend congresses. In the following list you can see that we gained a lot of experience and beautiful memories during the past year by being present at the following events:
- Bulgaria: VIA Fest (EFFE) and Varna International Summer Festival (EFFE).
- Romania: Sibiu International Theatre Festival (Romania) 5 performances including the world première of Luxuria (Flamenco Nights), the new production by Barcelona Flamenco Ballet.
- Sweden, Norway, Latvia: Antonio Andrade Flamenco Company tour.
- Serbia: Nomus Festival (EFFE) at Serbian National Theatre in Novi Sad.
- We also accompanied Andres Marin’s new show premiere, Extasis / Ravel (Show Andaluz) at Italica Festival in Seville and Teatros del Canal in Madrid.
- Events in Spain with Laura de los Ángeles, plus Gautama del Campo & Ezequiel Reina.
We attended congresses such as:
- Womex, Porto, Portugal between October 27th – 31st.
- Arts Festivals Summit by EFA, Galway, Ireland between November 22nd – 24th.
- Mercartes, Spain between November 30th – December 1st.
- Mapas, Las Palmas de Grand Canaria December 14th – 15th.
Also, we are proud of our artists, co-workers and friends from all over the world who continue creating in the performing arts industry in these difficult times! Thank you for being so creative and for your amazing work!
It is true that we are closing a year full of adventures, but we are ready to set up our goals for 2022! We will start the year in New York, attending ISPA Congress 2022!
Wishing you happy holidays and a new year full of flamenco performances!