On 14th of April 2023, we will take Luxurîa by Barcelona Flamenco Ballet to the 37th edition of the International Ankara Music Festival, a prestigious and relevant festival which has been a member of the European Festivals Association (EFA) since 1993: https://www.efa-aef.eu/en/members/388/
International Ankara Music Festival has been running since 1984 but had to take a 3-year break due to the pandemic. We are very proud that we have been chosen to reunite art lovers also for the benefit of the earthquake victims. This year’s edition, from the 4th of April to the 28th of April, will offer you about 355 artists from around 13 countries representing classical music, dance, and jazz.
As the festival is widely regarded as one of the most important cultural events in Turkey and has contributed significantly to the promotion and preservation of traditional and contemporary music, we are really excited to be part of it.
This will also be the first time that we collaborate with the European Festivals Forrest team: https://flamencoagency.com/european-festivals-forest/ to reduce our carbon footprints, as we are new participants in this project: https://festivalsforest.eu/participants/
Flamenco Agency has collaborated with these EFA members:
- Ghent Festival of Flanders, 2018 & 2019
- Ljubljana Festival
- Ankara International Music Festival
- Izmir International Festival
- Ohrid Summer Festival
- Gdańsk Shakespeare Festival
- Festival delle Nazioni (ItaliaFestivals)
- Al Bustan International Festival of Music and the Performing Arts
- Festival de Wiltz
And also these EFFE label festivals:
- Varna Summer International Music Festival and VIA Fest, in 2020, 2021 & 2023
- Førde Traditional and World Music Festival, 2015 & 2018
Have a look at our Flamenco Ballets and artists list 2023-2024: https://youtu.be/C8Ka-y-CVUg
See you in Ankara!